Sunday 16 August 2009

Sunny South Africa!

Well, I'm actually here! Good journey, despite embarrassing myself by crying at the end of the film 'Marley and Me' (ahem..) It's always difficult when everyone has their own TV so no one is watching the same movies on a flight.

It's sunny but cold, but then I'm staying on top of a mountain so it's going to be a little chilly in the evenings. Have spent quite a few hours with the children at GGA, which is brilliant. They are all doing well and Patches, my dog, has remembered me and follows me round site when I'm there.

My sponsored child, N, is getting to know me a bit better and it seems the key to a beautiful relationship is pants! I bought her some new baby knickers as she's potty-training and getting through a lot at the moment, and she insisted on carrying them round with her all afternoon. When we went for a walk, they had to be put into a little rucksack and come with us. As she bounced on the trampoline she turned round and shouted 'Where's my panties?' very loudly... hilarious!

I also went into Inchanga on Friday and met the Headteacher and one of the teachers who looks after the orphans in the school. Tomorrow I'm going into the school to meet the children themselves. Sadly 2 of our children have recently passed away though. More on the children in my next post, after I've met them and hopefully been to see where some of them sleep at night.