Monday 14 September 2009

God provides!

So I've moved into my new and temporary abode in Leamington now, although there's still a fair number of boxes to be unpacked before I can see my bedroom floor!

Part of moving involved me working out what I needed in terms of furniture as my room was unfurnished. The only thing I needed to buy was a wardrobe and so I'd been eyeing up the wardrobe rails in the Argos catalogue because they involve the least amount of cash...

But before I could even set foot in a store, along comes an email through our church with offer of a wardrobe, desk and other furniture, all free!! Hurrah! And it all fits perfectly into my room too.

I was just reflecting on how God provides for my every need when the following verse dropped into my head:

Malachi 3v10b
'Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.'

When I first expressed an interest in the furniture, I had no idea if it would fit in my room and was rather thinking that I'd have too many items to put in my room and that there would indeed not be room enough for it. Father God never lets His children down and He will provide even more blessings as time goes on. I'd been wondering how on earth everything is going to come to pass from my plans for the next few months, but this is confirmation that I need not worry as He knows what I need and will bring it along in His timing, never early and never, ever late!