Wednesday 17 March 2010

Hilux!

I am so excited, not only to finally have my own vehicle (and thus bid farewell to an expensive hire car!) but also because of the way God answered my prayers about it.
Thank you so much to those people who donated money towards my vehicle fund - you know who you are! I'm really touched by your investment in this vital part of the ministry here and encouraged by your generosity. Now I can get to anywhere I need to be in the valley, and out again!


I spent some time looking for the 'perfect' vehicle for me here. For a while I've been praying for a Toyota Hilux as this is one of the few vehicles that can cope with the sketchy roads and tracks around the valley. However, for my budget there were few Hiluxes available and every time I phoned up about one it had already sold. I continued praying into what vehicle I should get and widened my search but this just got me a bit fed up. Fed up of looking into cars that had already sold or were not suitable for whatever reason.


I said to God 'I wish you would just show me the vehicle YOU want for me, or better still just bring it along!' I'm learning fast that sometimes God really does take my questions at face value because 2 days later it happened! I was supposed to be going out but I really sensed that I should stay in and let the boys go without me. Shortly after, my mechanic friend who's helping me look at vehicles turned up at my gates with a Hilux Raider that his son had decided to sell because they are moving away. He offered me first refusal at a decent price and took me on a test drive. It wasn't hard to see this was God answering my prayer - the vehicle is great - and it doesn't look too new, so troublemakers will be discouraged from stealing it from me!

Today was my first day with my new bakkie and I'm quickly getting used to being up high in a vehicle instead of being in a VW Golf that I've had for the past 3 months. So far so good. God promised me the perfect vehicle for me and He's come through big time! Hallelujah!! Now I'm just waiting to see what how He's going to answer my prayers for my future husband!! ;-)