Wednesday 24 March 2010

Kids' Club 5 - last one of term

Hand prints poster - Grade R-3

It's the end of term this week for Easter holidays and I had my last session with the younger kids yesterday. Once more we moved classroom, this time we were in the photocopying room for the staff! But that didn't worry the kids. It's quite hilarious when I get there on Tuesdays, I have to go round and collect my kids and their classrooms are at opposite ends of the school so I end up going round like the Pied Piper, I collect some Grade 1 kids and as we gather more of the kids they hold hands and follow me round, it's so cute!

Yesterday I took their shoe sizes and wanted to get their uniform sizes too. However most of their clothes have either no labels or the sizes have faded so it's difficult to work out what size they are. I did measure their heights though.
Afterwards we did a poster with hand paints which they loved doing. They also loved the baby wipes I gave them to clean up with afterwards. But the highlight of the session for them was the hand gel I got out afterwards. The kids go mad for this stuff and I had to make them line up at the end to give them all a little bit on their hands as they went out!!
So, this term I've managed to get to know most of my 40 children and the clubs are up and running. I'm happy with progress so far. It's all looking good for next term!