Tuesday 8 June 2010

The World Cup cometh...

World Cup fever is reaching boiling point here with 0nly a few days to go until the first match. I've finally managed to get myself a Bafana Bafana t-shirt and also an England one. This complements my Italy t-shirt that I intend to wear for their games (cos I might have been born in England but my football love was birthed in Italia). I also got a vuvuzela this morning so now I'm ready to be loud at the games!
Term ends tomorrow and the five week holidays begin for children all over South Africa. I've arranged to feed my 40 over that time and will put more up about that soon and as it happens. During the last week of term it's been hard to catch up with all my children as many of them have just not bothered coming into school for the last week of term. But the younger ones have been around, it's the Grade 6 and 7's who haven't made it. They'll all be back tomorrow I would imagine as it's the last morning and they might get some food.
My younger group has come on loads and are understanding a lot more English now. I taught them 'colours' in English a few weeks' ago and they seemed to understand everything. They especially loved colouring in a sheet I'd drawn for them, even if they did muddle all the colours up! The nice people at Orange donated some of those little toys which I gave to them last week and they loved them. Thank you Orange for the cute little black creatures!