Tuesday 30 November 2010

wrapping up and continuations...


By now you should be aware that I am leaving South Africa on 22nd December and am returning to live in the UK. I resigned from my job with Grapevine Foundation thinking that I'd have to leave all my profiling and documents at the school until someone else came along in the future to pick it up again. However God had other plans and within a few days of me resigning, one of the teachers from the school came forward to take over as Project Manager! God is good.

Her name is Fikile Nxumalo and she works in the management at Inchanga Primary School. She's been watching me for a while and wondering whether to get involved but the time is right now. I've already had a meeting with her and I'm confident that she's the absolute perfect person for the job. She speaks Zulu and excellent English, she knows the kids already and can visit them at home without the need for an interpreter!
We are so excited about the way God has moved in this situation, it's yet more confirmation that He is moving me on and moving the next person in. My job has been to introduce Grapevine to the children and then get Fikile interested and excited about it, just by going about my work.
It's nearly the end of term and I'll be saying goodbye to the children next week with a final food parcel for the holidays. Please pray for Fikile as she takes over and for the enthusiasm she has for helping the children to grow and grow as she gets stuck into her new role.