Saturday 11 December 2010

End of term


Another term is over and Christmas is fast approaching. Thanks to a donation from CMA back in September I was able to go out and buy all sorts of things to give to the children for a Christmas Food parcel. As well as a little bit of food to help them out, I also put in a new pencil case, and some pens and pencils to start them off next term.

As I'm leaving soon we decided not to feed the kids over the holiday. Instead we've reminded them that the 1000 Hills Community Helpers next to the school give out food daily during the week so children can go there.

A lot of my '40' were in school on Thursday. It was the offical last day of term and most children come back to receive their reports. Attendance in the last few weeks has been sparse, with only about 50 children from the 1000 pupils turning up at school.

It was sad to say goodbye to the children and staff but I'll be back to visit in the future...