Wednesday 12 January 2011

Back in the UK

Quite a change from the South African summer!


After 13 months in South Africa working for Grapevine Foundation I've moved back to live in the UK. It was sad to leave but also I felt a great sense of closure and completion. It was exciting to welcome Fikile onboard to take over from me as Project Manager and I know she'll do an amazing job and be a real blessing to the children at Inchanga School as she already knows them.
The church@GGA came to a natural pause as well as we completed the Alpha course and a loit of the children went to visit relatives for the Christmas holidays. Many of the older children will be starting a new adventure at boarding schools in January and the church on Sunday mornings at GGA will have a different dynamic with their absence. I know God will continue to meet with those children and volunteers and to bless them as they meet to worship, pray and learn together.
I'm just writing my final newsletter now and I'll get this on here as soon as I can. I'm currently staying with my parents in Warwickshire and had a lovely Christmas catching up with family and friends. Now that January is underway and people return to normal life post-Christmas I find myself in a period of waiting for the next adventure. Whilst seeking employment I'm also taking time to reflect on the year that's past and to look for where God is leading me this year. He's brought me back here for a purpose and all will be revealed very soon. Despite my current unemployment I remain positive that something big is around the corner!