Thursday 30 July 2009

My role

As full-time worker, my role would be to liaise with the local social worker to get the children registered & get them access to medications that they need. We also need to try & track down any of their family that may still be living somewhere in South Africa.
Working with the Primary School & other individuals, there is also potential for me to teach English & to develop a Children’s Club for them to learn more about how much God loves them. In addition, these children currently have no food at all at the weekend, a situation that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Thankfully, Inchanga is only 15 minutes away from where I worked before & I managed to build up many contacts there when I was living in KZN a few years ago. My increasing knowledge of Zulu & of this area will be a massive benefit as I embark on this new & vitally important role within this project.