Thursday 30 July 2009

How YOU can help…

Micky Bailey had an incredible vision from God to build the Children’s Village, Community Centre & Church. We are trusting that He will also give us the funding to make it a reality & to change these children’s lives for the better, so that they can live in a safe place with loving people around them. Currently, GVF is being branded & the new logo & website will be available shortly (www.grapevinefoundation.org.uk).
Micky will be based in the UK, raising awareness & funds. She is seeking to raise £100,000 to start with, but the project will need a staggering £1Million to complete. Phase One will be the Children’s Village with the aim to start building in July 2010.
She will also be trying to raise money for a salary for myself & for the purchase of a vehicle. We absolutely need a vehicle for this work to enable me to get around safely, to get to where the children are & to take them to a clinic/hospital when they get sick or hurt, or to take food to them. Without a vehicle, we can’t do anything as it is generally inadvisable to travel by any means other than a reliable car/4X4 in rural South Africa.

I need funds to enable me to get out to South Africa & then to live whilst I am there. I haven’t worked out the exact amount that I need per month yet (I will make enquiries whilst I am there as things are more expensive since I was there last!) but I also need an initial £600 for a visa deposit & about the same for a flight. There is a cottage for me to stay in but I’ll need to find funds for everything else. I am not permitted to take a paid job in South Africa if I apply for a volunteer visa. If you feel led to help, please get in touch.

In addition to this we need prayer cover, as South Africa is not the safest of places. I felt very blessed & supported when I worked there before, due to my supporters remembering me before God & praying for me & my protection. Even more so I will need this, as I seek to care for children who need a lot of love & care. Dealing with a terminal illness is never easy, yet it’s something that these children have to live with on a daily basis. We need your help to be more than conquerors in these trials!
Thank you for reading. Knowing that you are standing with us, through prayer &/or financial help, will mean the world to me & to these precious children as I walk alongside them…. no longer orphans, but dearly-loved children of God.

Getting in touch, staying in touch!
Email: carolinehorn@yahoo.com