Thursday 30 July 2009

The Story So Far…

Just before I returned from South Africa in February 2008, I had a few conversations with a lady called Micky Bailey about me taking a position with Grapevine Foundation in South Africa. However, it became clear that it was not the right time at that moment.
Back in the UK, I spent a while teaching again in various Secondary Schools, an experience that I found extremely challenging, due to falling standards of behaviour fuelled by a widespread lack of respect.
At the same time I developed my leadership skills as COSMIC Co-ordinator at St Paul’s Leamington Spa, overseeing the Sunday morning ministry with 0-11 year olds. I also completed the ‘Growing Leaders’ course, during which it became clear to all that my ideal ministry involves ‘Children’ and ‘Africa’.
During July 2009, as my teaching job drew to a close, Micky and I got back in touch and it suddenly seemed that this might be God’s timing for me to become part of Grapevine Foundation.